Monday, January 3, 2011

Engine Preview!




Wires tucked, engine mounted, and we're getting closer! Pat connected everything that could be fastened and fired up the 5.3. It idles great, and sounds perfect. Our good friend Anthony in Topeka built an amazing wiring harness, and tuned the computer perfectly. The only problems that needed addressing before the first real drive would be the radiator and shifting. The original radiator was being held together by hopes and dreams at this point, and those just weren't enough! The new radiator is on it's way, so hopefully this weekend, we will be on the road. Shifting is the next step, and that too should be buttoned up by the end of the week.

We already talked in an earlier post about the fuel injection swap, and the implied blasphemy, but at the end of the day, it goes back to what my father said: When my brother chastised him for putting ketchup on a steak (which is gross), he reminded my brother that; 'I bought the steak, I cooked the steak, and I'm going to eat the steak. So I suppose I can put whatever I'd like on it.' Well said Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment